A paper may comprise empirical studies, using acceptable research strategies including survey, case study, experiment, archival analysis, history and so on; it may contain theoretical studies aimed at advancing current theory or adapting theory to local conditions, or it may arise from theoretical studies aimed at reviewing and/or synthesizing existing theory.
Concepts and underlying principles should be emphasized, with enough background information to orient any reader who is not a specialist in the particular subject area.
Preparation of scripts
- Papers should not be more than 8,000 words in length including figures, references and appendices. The Abstract should be no more than 300 words in length. As well as appearing at the top of your paper, this abstract will be located on the contents screen for readers to peruse before they download the full paper.
- Papers should be submitted on A4 size paper with 2cm margins and 1.5 line spacing. Incude full author names, affiliation and email addresses on the paper. The journal staff will blind the paper prior to review. Please use numbered headings and restrict these to a maximum of three levels. Times Roman or Ariel font is acceptable.
- Papers must have been closely scrutinized for typographical and grammatical errors. If English is not your first language then your paper should be proof-read by an English-speaking person, preferably one with experience of writing for academic use. Spelling should follow the Oxford English Dictionary.
- Keywords and key phrases. Within the journal website there is a search facility to look for papers that have been published and your keywords and key phrases will be used in conjunction with this. Therefore please include at least six words or short phrases that highlight the topics covered by the paper. Think carefully about your keywords and phrases and do not use overly obvious words/phrases like 'knowledge management'.
- The Harvard referencing convention is a requirement A full and clear guide can be found at http://libweb.anglia.ac.uk/referencing/harvard.htm Papers not using this convention will not be published.
- End notes are not accepted and footnotes are discouraged.
- Tables, graphs and illustrations should be drawn using a suitable drawing package. Colour may be used. Place all diagrams and tables where you wish them to appear in the paper. Ensure your figures and tables fit within the margins and are resizable without distortion. Diagrams should be inserted as images.
- Papers should be uploaded to the journal FTP site after completing the submission form (see link below). Guidance for this is provided at the end of the submission form.
- Manuscripts must not be sent in .pdf format, and should not be zipped.
Review procedureFollowing Editorial recommendation, papers are submitted to a double-blind review process before publication. Commentary by reviewers will be summarized and sent by email to authors, who can choose to revise their papers in line with these remarks. Re-submitted papers should be accompanied by descriptions of the changes, so that the desk-editor can easily see where changes have been made.
- The submission of a paper will imply that, if accepted for publication, it will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in any language, without the consent of the Publisher. Before publication, authors will be asked to complete a copyright release, giving the publisher permission to publish the named paper in a specific issue of this Journal.
- Overall copyright ownership of the paper however, remains with the author/s.
- It is the authors' responsibility to obtain written permission to quote material that has appeared in another publication.
Papers submitted for review are checked for plagiarism. Please be aware that if plagiarism is found the paper will be rejected and all the authors on the papers may be blacklisted from further submissions to the journal.
In accordance with the practice in the open access community authors are asked to pay a nominal sum to publish in EJISE, which is intended to cover some of the costs of publishing. The current publication charge is GBP250 (this includes 20%VAT). The fee is payable only after the paper has been accepted for publication and tere is no charge for submissions. There is no charge to access the journal on screen or to print or download the papers.
Submit a Paper
Click here to submit your paper
For Editorial enquiries
For Administration enquiries
For Submission enquiries
Note: please put EJISE in the subject line when contacting us for any reason.